Ever have that feeling of being stuck?
Like the world is spinning around you, but you can’t make sense of it all?
I see you mama. I know you’re stuck. I’m stuck too.
The world’s most recent events with Covid-19 and quarantine have been the most surreal thing I’ve ever experienced. I turn off the news and create this little bubble inside our home, but then the constant “Mom! Mom!” I hear reminds me that my kids are at home when they should be in school.
We’re all surviving right now. We’re all just getting by. And if that doesn’t look perfect to you… that’s okay. Life isn’t perfect.
But here are some tips on what has helped me keep my sanity during this time. (Some may contain affiliate links, but I promise, they are all for fun.)
- Coffee. All the Coffee. My personal favorite right now is Dunkin’ Donuts in BULK. Made at home, of course. Just keep the pot going.
- A good book. Seriously. Pick up a book you can get lost in. I’m currently reading The Beach Club by Elin Hilderbrand and I just finished All We Ever Wanted by Emily Griffin. I couldn’t put it down. I also recommend reading the actual book and not the kindle version, if you can. Our eyes look at screens enough during the day.
- A good Biblestudy. A friend and I are currently reading through Proverbs together. Every morning, I wake up, and it’s the first thing I do. It’s helped me start my mind in the right place each day. I use the First5 app for this. It’s a great way to connect with others and start your day out right.
- Wine. All the wine. When the coffee runs out, it’s time for wine. Ha. If I’m being completely honest, I’ve probably had TOO much wine lately. I start each day thinking, I’ll go today without having any. Then 5 o’clock rolls around and I’m waiving the white flag to surrender. You do it too. We all do. Be honest. And in case you didn’t know, you can now have it shipped to your house. We’ve been using Vivino and finding great deals on bulk orders of our favorites. You’re welcome.
- Water. Since we are on the topic. Because I’m drinking so much coffee and wine lately, I’ve really tried to up my water game. I mean, I have to physically survive still, right? A bottle with a time marker has been a HUGE help in keeping me on track. I actually made myself a rule… If I don’t finish two of these… then I’m not allowed to pour myself a glass of wine. So at least I’m hydrated?
- Insta-cart. This. is. a. life. saver. Seriously…. even outside of Covid-19… I’d, pretty sure this is saving me SO much time from not going to the grocery store, especially toting two kids with me. They always deliver within a few hours and text back and forth the whole time with any replacements. If you haven’t tried it, you need to.
- An outlet. I’ll admit, I’ve had trouble with this one. As a stay-at-home mom, my immediate attention has been turned towards the kids. All the school work. All the house cleaning. All the meals. All the dishes. SO. Many. Dishes. We need an outlet for ourselves. Something to focus on. That is why I turned back to this blog. Somewhere to get my thoughts out. I love this community and the passion behind it. I am like you. You are like me. We connect in this way. Thinking of creating a blog of your own for the same reason? I highly recommend The Ultimate Branding Blueprint for a step-by-step on how to build one. It was a life saver getting this one started.
There you have it. My tips for sanity. But as you can tell… I still don’t feel completely sane all the time. Do any of us?? If you have any more tips to add… anything that has helped you, I’d love to hear about them below. Lord knows this Mama can use the help too!