A lot of times we set these big awesome goals.
We’re excited. We’re pumped! We are ready to go!
I’m going to lose 20 pounds…. I’m going to save $10000… I’m going to buy a new house… I’m going to get a certain promotion!
We start off strong… and then a few days in… NOW WHAT?
Have you ever felt that? You STOP reaching for the goal because it all of a sudden seems SO big and unattainable?
What if you had a system that actually worked? That, if you stuck to it, you could ACTUALLY reach those goals?
I’m going to share with you today my exact process of goal setting.
Make sure you grab my FREE goal planning worksheet below to start setting your goals AND achieving them TODAY.
Let’s break it down.
- Write down the goal. Get VERY clear and concise on what that goal is.
- Give yourself a deadline. Do it. Maybe it’s the end of the year. Maybe it’s 30 days from now. But you need to know the time space that you’re working with.
- Ask yourself WHY this goal is important to you. No one else has to see this, but it needs to be TRUE and HONEST. WHY do you want to lose 20 pounds? It’s not just to look good. Are their health problems in your family? Do you want to be around for a long time for those kids? Think DEEP. WHY do you want to get promoted? Is there something MORE you want to do in your business?
- Break down the EXACT steps that need to be taken in order to get there. Reverse engineer that goal. If it’s a promotion and you have to reach certain deadlines and qualifications, WRITE that down. If it’s to save $10,000, write down exactly WHERE the money will come from for you the save.
- Make yourself Mini Goals. Break down that BIG scary goal and create mini-goals along the way. If it’s to lose weight, choose every 5 lbs. And give THOSE a deadline. Celebrate EACH mini-goal as you hit it, knowing that you are WELL on your way to reaching your goal. This helps you stay consistent and motivated.
- Give yourself a reward. Pick something AWESOME that you wouldn’t normally do for yourself. Make it something that you WANT so bad that you won’t let yourself have until you hit that goal.
Then GO FOR IT! Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t. Make it a priority. And JUST START.
It seems simple right? But the MAJORITY of people that make goals… DON’T write them down… and they especially don’t break them down.
So grab my FREE worksheet above and get to planning! And I’d love to hear from you! Let me know if you love it and how it’s worked for you below!