I play many roles in my life. The three main ones are Wife, Mom, and Entrepreneur.
These three roles aren’t always easy, but I love each one of them. They each serve a different part of me.
In my last 2.5 years as a Momprenuer, connecting with other entrepreneurs, there’s one common thread that we all have in common… we tend to feel very BUSY and OVERWHELMED.
Here’s where Mindset comes into play. Why is it so important? Because YOU are important. I am important. We deserve to make ourselves a priority. But if we don’t see ourselves as a priority, no one else will.
Once you change your mindset and decide for YOURSELF that you are important and deserve to make time for yourself, you life will start to shift.
So how can you do this in your already busy schedule?
I have eight tips that you can add into your day to make yourself a priority.
- Get enough sleep. Ya’ll… we hear this ALL the time, but we are SO bad about following this advice. But it’s true. Go to bed on time. The less sleep we get, the more likely we are to get sick… and we have NO time to get sick. Set a time to get in bed and follow it.
- Make time each day for something you love. Reading, blogging, walking, yoga, working out, crafting, whatever it may be. Think of something YOU love. Do it for YOU. Just start with fifteen minutes. That’s it. But carve out that time and make it a priority.
- Set Boundaries with people in your life. This one is SO important in today’s life. Phones constantly in our hands. But we have GOT to set boundaries. I work HARD (trust me, I slip up too) to set my phone done during certain times of the day and focus 100% on my kids. It’s hard to do when I work from my phone, from home. But that’s the point of me working from home, right? To have more time with my kids. So I HAVE to set myself boundaries so that it doesn’t take away the joy of being there for my kids.
- Learn to delegate responsibilities. Maybe you’re exhausted because you need help with the chores? Are you kids old enough? Have them help? What about your husband? Communicate on which specific responsibilities each of you should have. If you can afford it, hire a house cleaner to come once a month and do all the deep cleaning that you just don’t have the time to do. Don’t think you can afford it? What if you packed your lunch everyday? Could you afford it then?
- It’s okay to ask for help. PLEASE ask for help when you need it. The longer we sit and wait for someone to help us when they have NO idea we need help… the worse it will be. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. My husband is oblivious at times, but the minute I tell him my specific needs, he is ALWAYS willing to help. I just have to ask.
- Progress not perfection. If you’re waiting for the perfect time. It’s not going to happen. You’re going to keep waiting. Start now. Do something. Done not Perfect. Perfection is overrated anyway.
- Do something fun. This is especially for my stay at home mama’s and work from home mama’s. Remember why you wanted to be with your kids in the first place. Turn on a song, blast it in the car, and car dance with them. Bake cookies and eat the dough together. Play in the park together, leave your phone in the car. You don’t need those pictures. Remember the reason you wanted to have kids in the first place. To experience the joy in life through your child’s eyes.
- Be your own Cheerleader. Realize your worth. If you’re waiting for others to make you a priority. It’s not going to happen. It has to start with YOU. Be proud of yourself. Reward yourself. Take care of yourself. Remember. YOU are important.
If you’re looking to change your mindset and make yourself more of a priority, I have a 7 day Mindset series. It’s completely free ya’ll and it’s 7 short days of all the most powerful tools I’ve learned to change my own mindset. Sign up HERE to receive your FREE series by e-mail.